Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chapter 8 : Can I do it? ( 3 )


8.3 How do I keep my interest in medicine going?

Be aware of your surroundings. Appreciate all the medical development that you see and look forward to be part of it.

Look around you and see your seniors who have passed their exams and watch how they progress. Talk to your seniors who are doing well in class and get inspiration from their success. Be careful when choosing your friends. Avoid those who are always grumbling and have negative attitudes towards studies.

Visualise yourself in five years to come. Whatever you do today will have an impact on your life later. Imagine the kind of person and doctor you would like to be within that time. Think of the impact of your work on someone’s life. You will be helping someone to improve his or her life and the job satisfaction that comes with it should keep your interest in medicine going.

Try to watch movies or TV programmers that you have medical themes such as ER and Chicago Hope. Even though it may  not be the optimum theme but there are some medical facts and messages that will keep you interested in medicine.

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. Therefore, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Helen Keller.

(How to become a good & successful medical student; Muhaya Hj Mohamad)

No comments:

Post a Comment