Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chapter 6 : Am I a good friend ( 2 )


6.2 How do I deal with friends who are always asking me to teach them

It is definitely good, if you are have been asked by your friends to teach. It means that they trust you. During the act of teaching them you will revise, learn and consolidate your knowledge. In sharing my experience, I remember, teaching my friends in the same year and some of my juniors once I have passed to the next academic year. Due to these sessions I became much better in basic subjects and clinical, with the added bonus of being able to remember the facts vividly.

In addition, I am sure it is the blessings showered by God which enabled me to perform well in my exams. In the clinical examination, I had good patients with straightforward diagnosis and the questions asked by the examiners were those that I was well versed with.

I always believe that performing well in exams does not depend solely on how hard you study. There is always a strong external factor controlled by God. I find that I was asked questions I knew the aswers and seldom those that I was unfamiliar with.

Also, in the clinical examination, the patients allocated to me were always co-operative and I did not have to struggle with the history taking, which can really affect one’s performance in the exams.

I am certin that all these are rewards from God for all the help that I may have given to my classmates and juniors. Many of them still remember this and keep reminding me of the difference I made to them. In addition, it is such a great satisfaction to see your friends doing well in their career with the knowledge that you had assisted to plough some seeds into their success.

Because we are motal, every talent, skill and abilty we posses, every thought and feeling we ever have, every beautiful sight we ever see, every material possession we own will ultimately be lost. Unless we share it…..
- Excerpt from “The practice of kindness” Canari  Press

(How to become a good & successful medical student; Muhaya Hj Mohamad)

No comments:

Post a Comment